Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
For more information about Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation or to schedule an appointment, call our office in Columbia, MO at Columbia Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Phone Number 573-443-0466
- You may not have anything to eat for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment and nothing to drink except clear liquids for two (2) hours prior to the appointment.�
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following I.V. sedation or general anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes (no flip-flops).�
- Contact lenses, mouth jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Andrews prior to your surgical date for instructions.